- 1.Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat. Do not brown.
- 2.Add mushrooms, and cook until they start to release moisture, approximately 7 minutes.
- 3.Add garlic, and saute until slightly brown.
- 4.Pour in wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to mix in any yummy brown bits.
- 5.Add cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
- 6.Spoon sauce over hot pasta, garnish, and savor.
- 7.Oh, lucky you!
- 1 pound freshly picked chanterelle mushrooms (or 3 oz. dried chanterelles, rehydrated), sliced
- 1 stick salted organic butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Tio Pepe cooking sherry (or dry white wine)
- 1 pint organic heavy cream
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta (or whatever you like best), cooked
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon, green onions, parmesan (optional garnish. get wild with it)