- 1.Bake sweet potatoes (3-4 large or 5-10 small) in an oven at 350°F (when cooled, peel, cube and roughly measure 4 cups)
- 2.Gently heat rum in a pan for a few minutes until wisps of steam are visible, remove from heat and add ground candy cap mushrooms (it is essential that they are well grounded so you don’t bite in to a unpalatable nugget) milk, brown sugar, oil and stir.
- 3.In a food processor whip eggs and salt until light yellow and slightly foamy. Add sweet potato chucks, process again. While processing pour in Candy Cap-rum mixture.
- 4.Transfer mixture to a 2 quart greased baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F until top browns and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- 5.Enjoy your Sweet potato candy cap souffle.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 2 oz dried candy cap mushrooms (ground to a fine powder, a coffee grinder works best, but a food processor or mortar and pestle will do)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs butter or olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp salt