- 1.In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook until gnocchi floats to the surface. About 2-3 minutes.
- 2.While gnocchi cooks, roughly chop chanterelles. Add butter or oil (or both if you want) to a saute pan and melt. Add chanterelles and cook until water is released and mushrooms are just beginning to crisp up a bit. About 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and flaky red.
- 3. As everything else cooks, lightly pat dry the scallops and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 4.To assemble, place cooked gnocchi in a serving dish. Place scallops on top of gnocchi and cover with cooked chanterelles. Enjoy.
- 1 lb. cooked gnocchi (see link to homemade recipe above)
- 2 lb. fresh scallops
- ¼ lb. fresh chanterelles (roughly chopped) OR 2 oz. dried chanterelles (rehydrated)
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- salt, pepper, and flaky red (crushed red pepper) to taste
- 3 tbs. butter or olive oil