- 1.Mix together warm water, honey, yeast and allow yeast to proof for 10 minutes . and allow yeast to proof for 10 minutes
- 2.In a large food processor Add the flour, corn meal and salt to a food processor and begin to process, slowly add proofed yeast mixture through the feed tube until it forms a ball. Stop adding liquid when dough chases the blade around the bowl. Continue to process while you slowly pour in olive oil through the feed tube and process for another 60 seconds.
- 3.Transfer dough to a bowl coated with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise in a warm place while you are tending to the other ingredients. The dough will be ready in about an hour. (if you have time, let the dough rise for a day or two. This will create more complex flavors and the whole wheat flour will become softer. For longer incubation start with only 1 tsp of yeast and add an extra ¼ cup of water after dough ball chases the blade in the processor. Allow dough to rise at room temperature for one day or several days in the refrigerator.)
- 4.Prepare mushrooms by sautéing in olive oil, add salt pepper and garlic.
- 5.Roll out dough to desired size and spread a thin layer of mushrooms, herbs and cheese leaving space on the edges to seal the roll. Roll dough into a tube, pinch the ends and place seam down on a greased baking sheet. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, brush with egg and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of roll.
- 3 cup warm water
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3 cup wheat flour
- 2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- sauteed mushrooms
- 1 egg beaten